Let’s taste some sweet and sour dates and tamarind chutney which is an evergreen dish and loved by everyone. it is very easy to make with La-Forte’s Cherie Mixer Blender.
- Dates – 1/2 cups.
- Tamarind – 1/4 cup.
- Jaggery – 1/2 cup.
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tea spoon.
- Dry ginger -1 medium size.
- Black salt – 1/4 tea spoon.
· Water – 2 cups.
- Crumble jaggery, remove the seeds and fiber from tamarind, deseed dates.
- Heat water in a pan and add all the ingredients to the hot water.
- Let it simmer for 5-7 minutes till the jaggery completely dissolves.
- Take off fire.
- Close it a lid and let it cool down completely.
- Leave it for 2-3 hours so that the dates and tamarind soften well and absorb the other side.
- Or you may pressure cook dates, tamarind and jaggery.
- Transfer the ingredients to Cherie large jar, attached the grinding blade and grind for 20-30 seconds.
- Add 1/4 cup of hot water if you find the mixer very thick to grind.
- Transfer the ground chutney to a pan and bring it to a boil over low flame.
- When you start to see small bubbles around the chutney, take off fire and let it cool completely.
- Deliciously chutney is ready to serve.