Dal kichadi recipe a simple, easy, tasty and more importantly healthy dish which is mainly prepared from lentils and rice. it is also one of the solid food recipes consumed by young toddlers or kids eat and can also be served to adults with indigestion problems.
- 1 tbsp ghee / clarified butter.
- 1 tsp jeera / cumin.
- pinch of hing .
- 1 bay leaf / tej patta.
- ½ onion, finely chopped.
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste.
- 1 green chilli, slit.
- ¼ tsp turmeric / haldi.
- 1 tomato, finely chopped.
- ¾ tsp salt.
- ½ cup rice, soaked 20 mins.
- 3½ cup water.
- ½ cup moong dal, soaked 20 mins.
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped.
- On La-Forte multi cook kettle on simmer mode. Put 1 tbsp ghee .
- Put 1 tsp jeera, 1 bay leaf and pinch of hing. Take the kettle off from base and shake slowly to mix them all.
- Put ½ onion and shake again.
- Now add 1 tsp ginger garlic paste and 1 green chili, put on low temperature.
- further add 1 tomato.
- Additionally add ¼ tsp turmeric, ¾ tsp salt and shake the kettle again.
- Add in ½ cup rice and ½ cup moong dal, soaked for 20 mins.
- Pour 3½ cup of water and stir well. pour 4-5 cups of water if looking for watery consistency.
- Put on low temperature for 15 minutes and again medium temperature for next 15 minutes
- Open the lid and check if it has cooked properly.
- Finally, serve moong dal khichdi with curd or pickle.